Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sharks off today and Sweden off limits tomorrow, so one last look backward — plus those predictions

Sharks have the day off so nothing to report to move forward.
But because the team announced that date in Europe and rip for discussion to move forward (what? No more jet lag Questions?), I figure I can use today to end a couple things since I've been on the sidelines of a few days now.
With pens and Maple Leafs on TV in front of me, here goes.
For one thing, I want to publicly thank the dozen or so fans who responded to the RFP and one here and got back to me about their travel plans to Stockholm. Story published on the front page of the Merc, "about a week ago, and as usual, there was not enough space to fit everyone's writing.
Ended - Terms of nice little for it - such as how Jeff Avery and his family enter the trip turned to celebrate his birthday 62, his mother, or how to Lisa Marie Walsh picked up a set of dolls nesting wear jerseys Russain sharks on a side trip to St. Petersburg on the cutting room floor.
I did not recall how to get to the Miklica Donna, who followed the sharks to Japan when they opened the season 1998-1999 in Tokyo, and also to Sweden. Or how Mike Matthews, who arrived in Detroit playoff game in the first historical date in 1994, also found his way to Stockholm.
Anyway, thank you all, thank you and Amanda Thompson, Brianna Hilty Thank you for your contributions here and another half boxes, or even people I am leaving is still far away.
***** It's time to fess up. More than I did sample Swedish food while I was there. For one thing, I knew I needed to sip a little aquavit (in Alokavavi Swediesh). Wikimedia defined as alcoholic spirits intensive, but you get the idea

In any case, it went down pretty easily.
But when it was in response to a question about a certain Swedish aquavit defenseman, out of my book and wrote down two words: Baška droppar.
A few days later, those two words in common with the hotel waiter. When he returned, handed tools and clear and the Golden Goblet of Fire.
Let's just say it did not go down all that easily. Let's just say it was very bitter, and taste of this vile, if Wikipedia is to be believed, he has this warning label on its own:
Most of the "first drink... We have refused to liquid. Strong and sharp taste is not for everyone. We have a wine and rugged and unrelenting (even brutal) to the palate."
Some research shows the cerebrospinal fluid, also known as Malort, has only one following in the U.S. city of Chicago. And there it is very popular among the masses biker, and perhaps some kind of initiation ritual to get rid of wusses. In any case, all disappeared in a drop in the glass, but once enough for me.
***** Finally, someone said Merc went looking for a web site to find the conference my expectations, which came in the comment section on the issue earlier. Sort ran in the print edition last Thursday and on the Internet. I think I kind of like to think people here read each time you get there, too, despite the fact that I learned a long time ago and this is not the case.
Well, Nick can not find it, and I can be, and so, since at least one of you showed a little curiosity - not because I'm particularly proud to comment on whether what I got - I got the menus here in the next season:
Western Conference
1. Detroit
2. Vancouver
3. Sharks
4. Chicago
5. Los Angeles
6. Phoenix
7. St. Louis
8. Nashville
9. Calgary
10. Anaheim
11. Colorado
12. Minnesota
13. Dallas
14. Columbus
15. Edmonton
Eastern Conference
1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. Buffalo
4. New Jersey
5. Philadelphia
6. Boston
7. Tampa Bay
8. Atlanta
9. Ottawa
10. Montreal
11. Carolina
12. Toronto
13. New York Rangers
14. Florida
15. New York Islanders

No comments:

Post a Comment