Saturday, October 2, 2010

James Lee In Afghanistan

James hit me in the winter of 2007 general road plan. Former Marine of his two tours in Iraq responsible for the freedom of the rural areas worked in California Bishop went close, a construction worker for me to live a simple life trying to control his love of travel.His solution was, when he Atlas magazine, war correspondent, Ed article written by arch signed. "I long enough to enjoy a normal life was not living in freedom," Lee said, "I accepted the fact that the (subject) is reading." He was 37 years. "I sold my house and I bought my first camera." And he told me. January, he returned from Iraq. This time instead of carrying a gun, and a veteran of the war in Fallujah a camera and was taking notebook. I was always attracted to Afghanistan. Beginning in 2010, said Afghan security forces is an essential part. And visited four provinces in four months.Instead, the U.S. mission in Afghanistan covering the photographers as they, most journalists did, and he said to me that he wanted to cover the Afghan people. "If in view of the Afghans can not tell the story, and I do not want the story," he said. If selected as non-traditional cover the war in Afghanistan and also in documentary photography and traditional way to avoid. Have no formal training is in photojournalism. By choice, still photography professionals in the world pictures of this will not resemble traditional documentary photography from the cut. "This is not the way you tell the story on camera," he told me. (31 photos)
Will San Francisco Bay area city of Brooklyn-based photographer photojournalist James Lee Teru Kuwayama from May to mid-February more than 70 works in May 2011, with the sixth Hall Art Commission Gallery exhibition. Presentation here for more information about
See more work, James Lee
Read more: ixzz3l6WyEJMk http://blogs.sacbee.com/photos/2010/09/james-lee-in-afghanistan.html # ......

No comments:

Post a Comment